This site is dedicated to developing mathematical minds!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Right Brain Math

I learned about these methods from a math content class I am taking through UCLA. My husband and I took a look at the youtube link and sat there in awe of the methods shown for multiplication tables. We then continued to look further for patterns and literally laughed out loud because we were having so much fun relearning our tables.
There are lots of students that simply get turned off by needing to memorize their tables and then this holds them up for future content. If they can visualize patterns or better yet find enjoyment from learning something in a new way, they are better off in the long run.
I am positive that even seasoned math teachers and learners will find the Right Brain Math content to be a beautiful surprise.
Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoac4xzIhSw

1 comment:

  1. This is what made math my favorite subject. I hated it until 7th grade when i started always visualizing and learning patterns that made it sooo much easier for me and i got A's in all my classes since. Patterns that not even the teachers saw. It is just amazing to me how numbers, originally just made up by man, can come together in so many different ways, patterns, equations, and complexity and yet make sense and equal out. just like the periodic table and its patterns. no accident!

    ReplyDelete